Schools North Island New Zealand
A High School Abroad on New Zealand’s North Island
The North Island is only half of what New Zealand has to offer but the northern half packs a punch when it comes to offering culture, geographical beauty and incredible national parks filled with incredible fauna and flora.
Known to the natives as Te Ika a Maui, the North Island is separated from the South Island by the Cook Straight which is over 20 kilometres wide at its narrowest point. New Zealand is crowned with some of the most liveable cities on earth including Auckland and Wellington which are situated on the North Island.
Auckland is a beautiful harbourside city on the North Island providing urbanised culture for tourists and locals. As the largest city on the Island, the urban area of the city lies on top of the dormant Auckland Volcanic Field.
The North Island is also home to Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand. Despite its small size, Wellington supports a large arts, culture and nightlife scene much larger than many cities of its size. Looking south from the city you can spot the snow-capped Kaikoura Ranges and to the north, you can see the Kapiti Coast. To the east, the Rimutaka Ranges offer incredible and national acclaimed wine regions and to the east beautiful plains and harbours.
Wellington and the surrounding cities have become home to many national festivals over the years including the Wellington Jazz Festival, New Zealand International Arts Festival, and numerous film festivals and music festivals.
Not falling short in sport, New Zealand’s North Island is home to a huge love of Rugby, and also boasts champion netball and basketball teams Central Pulse and Wellington Saints.
Our GotoNewZealand team at AA Education Network has been helping high schoolers for over 15 years apply to study at a High School in New Zealand.
Our registered consultants help to find a suitable high school in New Zealand. Our New Zealand High School Advisors are always in touch with New Zealand High Schools. We offer all types of High School New Zealand programs such as study abroad programs which range from 3 months, 6months and 12 months to the High School New Zealand Program for several school years with a certificate.
There are many free services and advatages we provide including:
- Detailed advice about New Zealand’s school system through AA Education Network
- Recommendation and suggestion to choose a suitable high school and subjects
- Liaison with high schools in New Zealand to discuss possible placements, subjects and questions regarding your application and stay (if necessary)
- Provision of all necessary application forms and support to apply for a high school placement
- Check of all documents and submission of your correct application
- Organisation of stay at a New Zealand family who will act as your guardian (you have your own room including meals while you stay in New Zealand)
- Comprehensive Student visa application support including provision of all necessary documents
- Information helping you to organise convenient flights to and from New Zealand (if required)
- Information and support to help you get set-up in New Zealand (Health Insurance etc.)
- On-Arrival Service (air port pickup an transport to your accommodation) (if required)
- Emergency Phone Number
- Pastoral Care through International Department of school and local contact person
- Continuous contact to parents through AA Education Network while student is studying at high school
- Certificate about your high school year
- Dedicated personal contact during your stay in New Zealand
Our High Schools on New Zealand’s North Island
Additionally some of these schools may offer the IB diploma.
Contact us to find more about our NZ schools and how we can help you with your New Zealand journey.
We also offer schools on the NZ South Island