Schools South Island New Zealand
A High School Abroad on New Zealand’s South Island
The South Island has a smaller population than the North Island, despite being the larger of the two. It is an island of stunning natural beauty and is home to New Zealand’s tallest mountain, Aoraki/Mount Cook in the Southern Alps. These Alps are home to four national parks – Mount Aspiring National Park, Westland Tai Poutini National Park, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and the Fiordland National Park.
Within these parks visitors are treated to the peace, tranquillity and postcard-perfect imagery New Zealand is most famous for. Hikers can appreciate the spirituality and connectedness of the land with the Maori people as they take in the immense mountains, pristine glaciers, deep lakes and ancient alpine forests. This landscape was used extensively as a dramatic setting for Tolkien’s Middle Earth in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
Needless to say, mountaineering in the Southern Alps is world-class however skiing, bungee jumping, fishing and canoeing are also popular activities.
The east coast city of Christchurch, known as the ‘Garden City’ for its array of greenery and public parks, is the largest on the South Island. It has an elegant, laid-back atmosphere with historical architecture, boutique shopping, fine dining and art galleries.
The city of Queenstown is also located on the South Island, with a cosmopolitan energy fuelled by a buzzing mix of sophisticated bars, cafes, restaurants and shopping.
Our GotoNewZealand team at AA Education Network has been helping high schoolers for over 15 years apply to study at a High School in New Zealand.
Our registered consultants help to find a suitable high school in New Zealand. Our New Zealand High School Advisors are always in touch with New Zealand High Schools. We offer all types of High School New Zealand programs such as study abroad programs which range from 3 months, 6months and 12 months to the High School New Zealand Program for several school years with a certificate.
There are many free services and advatages we provide including:
- Detailed advice about New Zealand’s school system through AA Education Network
- Recommendation and suggestion to choose a suitable high school and subjects
- Liaison with high schools in New Zealand to discuss possible placements, subjects and questions regarding your application and stay (if necessary)
- Provision of all necessary application forms and support to apply for a high school placement
- Check of all documents and submission of your correct application
- Organisation of stay at a New Zealand family who will act as your guardian (you have your own room including meals while you stay in New Zealand)
- Comprehensive Student visa application support including provision of all necessary documents
- Information helping you to organise convenient flights to and from New Zealand (if required)
- Information and support to help you get set-up in New Zealand (Health Insurance etc.)
- On-Arrival Service (air port pickup an transport to your accommodation) (if required)
- Emergency Phone Number
- Pastoral Care through International Department of school and local contact person
- Continuous contact to parents through AA Education Network while student is studying at high school
- Certificate about your high school year
- Dedicated personal contact during your stay in New Zealand
Our Primary Schools and High Schools on New Zealand’s South Island
If you are interested in a primary school, please contact us.
Additionally some of these schools may offer the IB diploma.
Contact us to find more about our NZ schools and how we can help you with your New Zealand journey.
We also offer schools on the NZ North Island