International Baccalaureate New Zealand
International Baccalaureate (IB course) in New Zealand
New Zealand's International Baccalaureate program is very much in high demand, which is why many schools offer an IB degree.
The International Baccalaureate (IB course) in New Zealand is the most popular school degree in New Zealand and is studied over a period of 2 years. In addition to the International Baccalaureate (IB) at certain high schools, the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) is also offered.
We advise on the International Baccalaureate, which is offered as a two-year course at various high schools and colleges in New Zealand.
Through the IB diploma, it is possible to study at all international universities however, prestige universities prefer to take graduates of an IB course above a certain score.
In New Zealand, this begins in January and ends the following year in December. The IB Diploma Program incurs additional costs.
We help students and parents find a high school and apply for the International Baccalaureate in New Zealand.
Our GotoNewZealand team at AA Education Network has been helping high schoolers for over 15 years apply to study at a High School in New Zealand.
Our registered consultants help to find a suitable high school in New Zealand. Our New Zealand High School Advisors are always in touch with New Zealand High Schools. We offer all types of High School New Zealand programs such as study abroad programs which range from 3 months, 6months and 12 months to the High School New Zealand Program for several school years with a certificate.
There are many free services and advatages we provide including:
- Detailed advice about New Zealand’s school system through AA Education Network
- Recommendation and suggestion to choose a suitable high school and subjects
- Liaison with high schools in New Zealand to discuss possible placements, subjects and questions regarding your application and stay (if necessary)
- Provision of all necessary application forms and support to apply for a high school placement
- Check of all documents and submission of your correct application
- Organisation of stay at a New Zealand family who will act as your guardian (you have your own room including meals while you stay in New Zealand)
- Comprehensive Student visa application support including provision of all necessary documents
- Information helping you to organise convenient flights to and from New Zealand (if required)
- Information and support to help you get set-up in New Zealand (Health Insurance etc.)
- On-Arrival Service (air port pickup an transport to your accommodation) (if required)
- Emergency Phone Number
- Pastoral Care through International Department of school and local contact person
- Continuous contact to parents through AA Education Network while student is studying at high school
- Certificate about your high school year
- Dedicated personal contact during your stay in New Zealand
IB Schools in New Zealand
Takapuna Grammar School IB Diploma
The International Baccalaureate Organization has awarded the status of IB World School to Takapuna Grammar School in Auckland. For the first time, a state Secondary School in New Zealand received this honour. Takapuna Grammar School can offer the IB Diploma to both New Zealand and international students.
ACG Parnell Senior College
The private college offers preparatory courses for the IB Diploma Program (IBDP). The program will also be available to international students. Who wants to can participate in a preparation course. Admission requirements are 15 years old and good English (IELTS 4.5). The annual tuition for this program is NZD 24,800.