Yoobee Colleges New Zealand
Yoobee Colleges is New Zealand’s largest specialist digital design and IT college and has been training students for the creative and IT industries with a proven record of success. Experienced design educators are fully connected with industries and the programmes are designed as a result of extensive consultation with industry.
Programs at Yoobee embrace to evolving world of technology, from Digital Media and Design, Web Design and UX and 3D Animation, to Filmmaking, Game Art and Development and 3D Graphics, all programmes keep students up to date in the industry.
International students can study at Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7, and gain an education that opens doors to the best digital and design studios in the world. No experience – no problem! The Certificate in Digital Media (for example) provides students with the fundamentals of design and the software used in the diploma courses. No previous design experience is required, nor a portfolio. With a number of pathways in place, Yoobee students can start with a Certificate course, next a Diploma and and then continue their education with a Bachelor degree (Level 7).
Industry-experienced tutors who are not only experts in their fields but fantastic teachers help you realise your full potential and put you on the road to achieving the same industry success they have. Your training is practical and you are assessed by the quality of the work you create, so no written exams!
Small class sizes form the backbone of the Yoobee Colleges educational model, meaning you can build the strong relationships needed to fuel your creative and technical careers. There is also focus on relationships, face-to-face time with tutors and deep mentorship that will live past your time at Yoobee.
Yoobee College was formed in 2019. The creative minds and legacies of South Seas Film & Television School, Animation College, Yoobee School of Design, AMES – The Institute of IT and Design & Arts (Canterbury) joined forces to become Yoobee Colleges, an interdisciplinary college with seven campuses located in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Rotorua. With a combined 30 year history, you can be assured tat with a programme at Yoobee you're learning the skills employers want.
Yoobee Colleges has a rich 30-year history dating back to 1989 when Disney animator John Ewing and design studio owner Barry Pearce started training New Zealand-based animators out of their studio, later to become Animation College New Zealand. Animation College has trained some of New Zealand's, and the world's, best animators and VFX artists with top billing credits to their names.
Yoobee School of Design
For the past 20 years, Yoobee School of Design armed creatives with the technical know-how and practical, real-world skills to turn their brilliant ideas into careers. It is New Zealand’s largest specialised digital design school.
South Seas Film & Television School
South Seas Film & Television School has fuelled the film and television industry for 27 years. Grounded in intensive, practical courses, the school has bred an army of creatives in post-production, directing, script-writing, art and design, animation and VFX, acting and photography.
AMES – The Institute of IT
AMES has long been the industry's go-to educational training institution for budding software and hardware engineers. Offering specialisations in web and software development, hardware engineering and cloud technologies, the teaching staff bring a rich history and depth of knowledge to our Yoobee Colleges offering.
Courses at Yoobee Colleges
- Diploma in Game Art and Development - 2 Years, level 7, Christchurch
- Diploma in Cloud Technology - 45 weeks, level 7, City, Auckland , Wellington
- Diploma in Photography - 40 weeks, level 6, Glenfield, Auckland
- Diploma in Screen Production - 40 weeks, level 6, Christchurch
- Diploma in Creative Digital Design - 40 weeks, level 6
- Diploma in Web and UX Design - 40 weeks, level 6, City, Auckland
- Diploma in Networking - 32 weeks, level 6, City, Auckland
- New Zealand Diploma in Screen Production - 40 weeks, level 5, Glenfield, Auckland
- Diploma in Digital Design – Animation and Film Production - 40 weeks, level 5, Auckland , Christchurch , Wellington
- Diploma in Digital Design – Web and Graphic Design - 40 weeks, level 5, City, Auckland
- Diploma in Film & Television Production - 40 weeks, level 5, Glenfield, Auckland
- Certificate in Information Technology and Client Support - 14 weeks, level 5, City, Auckland
- Diploma in Web and Application Development - 32 weeks, level 5, City, Auckland
- Diploma in Fashion - 42 weeks, level 5, Christchurch
- Certificate in Fashion - 20 weeks, level 4, Christchurch
- Certificate in Creative Media - 20 weeks, level 4, Christchurch , City, Auckland , Manukau, Auckland , Rotorua , Wellington
Do you want to study a course relative to the creative, IT, and design sectors?
We are an international agency designed to support students wishing to come and study in New Zealand. We wish to promote the invaluable education gained from stepping outside of your comfort zone and meeting new people from across the globe.
We are a highly respected agency with an in-depth, practical knowledge of the New Zealand education systems, as well as specific knowledge on the culture and day-to-day life in NZ.Our Free Study New Zealand Services
Our services are of the highest standard – we will find the best pathway for you and your individual study needs, explain every step of the application process, guide you through the documents you will complete and recheck them before dispatching, ensuring nothing is overlooked.
After 24 hours of submission, we can let you know the status of your application.
- Our services are FREE – we provide the following to all prospective students -
- Help and advice on the most appropriate educational institute and course for your needs – how to apply, when to apply and where to apply.
- Further information on how to fill in all of your forms - translation if necessary, certification of forms and help on submitting.
- Assistance with visa application and all other visa questions.
- Advice and assistance with English tests
- Advice on travelling to New Zealand, booking flights and transfers
- Support and information about living in NZ and what to expect – getting work, opening a bank account, getting health cover, public transport, student life and anything else that comes up.
- Ongoing support on any questions or concerns that come up during your trip – anything from finding housing, to help to deal with culture shock, to the best places to sight see and enjoy new activities.
You are never alone – our agents look forward to hearing from you at any point in your adventure and are always there to give advice. We will guide you through the entire process from beginning to end and
We also give advice to students wishing to study in New Zealand at a tertiary level, students who wish to take a gap year, gain work placement, study a short course, complete an internship or just have a travel adventure – check out some of our pages for inspiring ideas on educational travel or contact us!