New Zealand Institute of Sport (NZIS)
Established in 1996, New Zealand Institute of Sport has campuses located in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch.
As a leading and the largest education provider in Sport, Fitness and Recreation in New Zealand, NZIS offers students a practical pathway to success.
As a NZQA recognised Category 1 education provider, New Zealand Institute of Sport offers high quality academic programs which evolve alongside the rapidly expanding industry of health, fitness, sport and recreation. Relevant courses in this area offered from Level 4 through to Level 6. Students have access to highly qualified tutors in all qualification areas, and experts in sport teaching and coaching through various high performance academies.
You will study in an environment where you are challenged to meet industry requirements and learn the skills that employers are looking for. To inspire you, a dynamic and out-of-your-seat approach to learning is offered and courses engage directly with industry and communities, building real life experiences and relevant skills.
New Zealand Institute of Sport qualifications are internationally recognised in over 30 countries. This is possible through NZ Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) which has a portability agreement in place with International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs). REPs also has a partnership with the Asian Academy of Sport and Fitness Professionals (AASFP) in Asia.
You can read some student success stories here.
Are you an international student and want to find out more about NZIS and how you can study there? Then get in touch with us. We'll help you with all the practicalities of organising your studies in New Zealand. Our service is free.
- Small classes and one on one guidance
- Study pathways
- Touring in New Zealand or internationally
- You'll be introduced to employers and the industry
- On campus gym for your learning
- FREE WIFI on campus
- 95% of NZIS graduates successfully progress on to employment or further study within 3 months of graduating.
Looking for a career in the health, fitness, sport & recreation industry?
We are an international agency designed to support students wishing to come and study in New Zealand. We wish to promote the invaluable education gained from stepping outside of your comfort zone and meeting new people from across the globe.
We are a highly respected agency with an in-depth, practical knowledge of the New Zealand education systems, as well as specific knowledge on the culture and day-to-day life in NZ.
Travelling can be a daunting experience for a young person or first-time traveller – especially when it involves moving to another country to study. But this can also be an uplifting, life-changing adventure and our job is to make that adventure as smooth and stress-free as possible.Our Free Study New Zealand Services
Our services are of the highest standard – we will find the best pathway for you and your individual study needs, explain every step of the application process, guide you through the documents you will complete and recheck them before dispatching, ensuring nothing is overlooked.
After 24 hours of submission, we can let you know the status of your application.
- Our services are FREE – we provide the following to all prospective students -
- Help and advice on the most appropriate educational institute and course for your needs – how to apply, when to apply and where to apply.
- Further information on how to fill in all of your forms - translation if necessary, certification of forms and help on submitting.
- Assistance with visa application and all other visa questions.
- Advice and assistance with English tests
- Advice on travelling to New Zealand, booking flights and transfers
- Support and information about living in NZ and what to expect – getting work, opening a bank account, getting health cover, public transport, student life and anything else that comes up.
- Ongoing support on any questions or concerns that come up during your trip – anything from finding housing, to help to deal with culture shock, to the best places to sight see and enjoy new activities.
You are never alone – our agents look forward to hearing from you at any point in your adventure and are always there to give advice. We will guide you through the entire process from beginning to end and
We also give advice to students wishing to study in New Zealand at a tertiary level, students who wish to take a gap year, gain work placement, study a short course, complete an internship or just have a travel adventure – check out some of our pages for inspiring ideas on educational travel or contact us!
NZIS courses for international students
New Zealand Institute of Sport offers the following programmes for international students:
- Health & Fitness Personal Trainer (Level 4)
- New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Performance (Level 5) (Multi-Sector)
- Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 5)
- Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 6)
- Study the Level 6 Diploma in these locations:
- Auckland: Delivering Sport Management Elective only
- Wellington: Delivering both Sport Management and Human Performance Electives
- Christchurch: Delivering Human Performance Elective only