Henderson High School Overview
- Small, friendly school 20 minutes from Auckland City
- Spacious park-like grounds nestled in the Waitakere ranges
- Emphasis on excellence in academic, sporting and cultural achievement
- Talented and enthusiastic staff
- More than 15 years experience hosting international students
- Superb homestay programme
- Swimming pool and new Gymnasium
- Excellent library with on-line computer services
- New Art and Photography Department
- Close to large shopping mall and community sporting facilities
Henderson High School is a co-educational secondary school catering for students from Year 9 to Year 13.The school's continuing modernisation programme provides students with ever improving facilities. The school boasts an architecturally designed Administration building together with a spacious entranceway with plenty of parking. The ongoing school enhancement project includes an upgraded swimming pool and gymnasium.A major renovation programme is underway, which will provide improved, well-resourced classrooms and specialist facilities.
- A new Work Experience and Transition areas
- A renovated Music Centre
- Modernised Drama and Audio-Visual areas.
Other School facilities include:
- A careers information centre
- A modern superbly resourced library with multi-media computers
- Computer suites
- Drama room
- General science, physics, chemistry and biology laboratories
- Student support area
- Tennis and netball courts
- A Year 13 common room
- International student centre
- School marae and whare kai
- A canteen which provides a range of healthy foods from many cultures, and
- A student car park area.
Henderson High School is located in the west of Auckland, New Zealand's largest city with a population of one million people.
We are very close to the beautiful West Coast, surrounded by the sea, forests and mountains, yet still within the city area. We are lucky to be in such a magnificent area. The weather here is very comfortable, not too cold in the winter, and not too humid in the summer.
Henderson High School welcomes international students to experience the benefits of studying in a New Zealand multi-cultural, co-educational school. Founded in 1953 the school provides a friendly supportive community environment, 20 minutes from central Auckland, and close to the beautiful Waitakere ranges and West Coast beaches.
Henderson High School has more than 15 years experience in hosting international students and appreciates the special contribution they make to the unique character of the school.
Henderson High School continues to offer a unique experience for its international students. It is a community-minded school with a big heart, a good all-round teaching programme and an excellent staff. The school is known for its friendliness and has a family caring environment. It is also a school that encourages students to excel.
Being a smaller school, we offer closer personal attention to the needs of each student. Students enjoy individual attention from our highly qualified teachers, ensuring quality learning and strong academic results. We provide a safe environment for cultural and sporting activities so students can develop well-rounded skills and interests.
The school considers itself fortunate to host students from many other countries. Each year the school welcomes international students from a number of different countries including Taiwan, Thailand, Germany, Brazil, Iran, China, Japan and Korea.
Contact our free student service and receive help and information about the application process.